Hiring a non-executive director is one of the most important processes a business can go through. The right candidate can help a business grow effectively and develop the organisation. The wrong hire can result in internal conflict and inefficiencies. As a result, finding a way to hire the perfect non-executive director for your organisation should be high on your agenda.
What is a Non-Executive Director?
A Non-Executive Director (also known as an “NED”) is a part of the board of directors, without being an executive. They tend to stay away from the daily tasks and management and focus on strategy, processes and planning. They often also best represent the stakeholders of a company and ensure the executives are performing well. As a result, non-executive directors help maximise efficiencies and drive growth and performance.
Where to Start when Hiring a Non-Exec Director?
Identifying the Needs of the Organisation
- Benefits of Appointing an NED (Non-Executive Director)
- What qualifications and skills to look for in a Non-Executive Director?
- What makes a great Non-Executive Director?
Non-Executive Director Search
- How to Write a Job Description for an NED Non-Executive Director
- Hiring Process for a Non-Executive Director
- How to Interview a Non-Executive Director
Implementing a New Non-Executive Director
- NED Non-Executive Director Transition Plan/Checklist Template
- NED Non-Executive Director Work Plan Template
- Interim NED Non-Executive Director
Tips for Hiring an Non-Executive Director
For a behind the scenes look into one of our case studies of how we transformed a business with an NED hire, contact us today.