Find the men and women who will take your business to the next stage. Whatever that stage may be.
We work to a tried and trusted search strategy, founded on decades of experience, that delivers great results in a variety of sectors. And if the parameters of an assignment change, we’re agile and experienced enough to adapt and excel. Take a look at some of our recent case studies.
Chairperson search case study
- A fast growth technology based specialist manufacturer – harnessing technology and precious expertise to manufacture world leading products and sub-systems.
- A unique public company (PLC) business, with 10+ globally based manufacturing sites and a track record of doubling in size every 5 years in the last decade.
- An evolving organisational structure, and clear focus on both acquisition and organic based growth.
- With an exceptional track record, outperforming equivalent AIM based peer group and other industry based competitors, the current Board and Chairman conducted a review of succession-planning, (NED-refresh) and the planned retirement of the Non-Executive Chairman.
- A new Board (and Chairperson) would be facing a fresh set of challenges and opportunities in the next 5 years and would ideally come armed with experience relating to this – specifically growing from £100m to £250m+.
- Experienced Chairperson with proven track record if implementing growth strategy
- Relevant Exec experience within the technology industry
- Strong financial acumen
- Sensitive leadership skills with ability to harness and augment board capabilities
- Excellent reputational standing both in exec and Non-Exec roles
- Meet investor relation expectations both short and long term
An interesting objective profile, covering international technology manufacturing (ideally higher margin) experience, public company and turnover range of c.£200m to around £2Bn+.
With some inherent flexibility around profile but the imperative need to get a successful personality/cultural fit (only enhancing a current highly successful Board) a wider search was conducted, involving:
Individuals identified: 79
2nd Interviews 3
- 3 exceptional individuals interviewed at final stage of which 2 had CVs exceeding specification requirements and were considered market/industry leaders with excellent city based reputations/approvals.
- Chosen candidate had not only the relevant background but also a sensitive and culturally flexible approach, winning over the whole Board as the preferred candidate and subsequently appointment as Chairman.
“We set out to recruit one additional NED but such was the calibre of the candidates brought forward we ended up recruiting three.”
We set our sights on finding the best candidates, talented individuals who tick all the boxes.