The client, a FTSE 100 speciality chemical manufacturer, is undergoing a major culture transformation programme across several manufacturing sites. An impactful operations leader was sought to lead on a change programme and deliver best in class operational processes. It was a business-critical appointment in ensuring the ongoing continuous improvement in manufacturing operations whilst also affecting the cultural change across the site and wider business.
Unable to easily access what is both a highly coveted and scarce skillset, the client turned to Edward Drummond to help them in delivering the calibre of leader needed. Having specialised in this type of appointment with other global, multi-site, speciality chemical businesses both our knowledge of the core marketplace and our ability to effectively and credibly engage with the targeted candidates set Edward Drummond apart as the partner of choice.
We delivered a search plan to engage with candidates with transferable skills in other speciality chemical manufacturing environments, combining innovative research methodology with extensive industry experience. Key to success was understanding what objective skills and subjective traits make a good leader, recognizing them and determining their fit with our client.
- Opened door to a broader range of proven leaders with the skills and experience to impact the transformation agenda of our client.
- Face to face appraisal and assessment of candidates to ensure the right mix of skills and attitude.
- Managing the candidate journey and ensuring the preferred candidate could be secured for our client within their parameters of time and cost.
- High calibre, proven transformational operational site leader placed with client within 3 months.
- Transformation programme underway and on target for delivery in line with the business plan.