Non-Executive search case study:
Finding a Non-Executive Director with rare specialist skills within the nuclear industry.
To identify and recruit a Non-Executive Director with both a scarce and specialized skill set and the personality to enhance a successful, long-established management team.
- UK SME materials design company specializing in the development of packaging solutions for the nuclear industry
- Small Executive Board of three founder members
- Background in nuclear decommissioning
- In-depth and up-to-date understanding or regulatory and compliance issues within nuclear industry (eg, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority)
- Preferably a Legal background/profile
- Personality to influence a team of strong-minded colleagues
- Extensive insights gathered through industry and regulatory bodies
- Search focused on current professionals in sector with Nuclear Decommissioning Authority experience (ideally as an employee/Officer) and also in Legal practice, across the whole of the UK enabling a wider of pool of candidates
- Careful and in-depth interviewing and research around prospective candidates
- Extended pool led to a shortlist of three candidates, within three months
- Client able to pick and choose the candidate who could effectively deliver within their niche management team