Executive search case study:
Hunting down a senior manager for a safety-critical role with a UK chemical manufacturer.
To hunt down a candidate for a senior, safety-critical role, with the personality to implement positive change in a complex and challenging sector.
- UK Manufacturer of Ammonium Nitrate
- Operations in North West
- Safety critical operations
- Extreme hazardous environment
- Senior operations manager/ site manager
- High-level engineering background
- Proven people and leadership skills
- Strategic thinker
- Resilience and drive to implement change
- Personality to inspire people to change with them
- Proven track record in high-hazard Chemical processes
- Total familiarity with Tier 1 COMAH operations
Candidates with transferable skills in other safety critical environments, combining innovative research methodology with extensive industry experience. Key to success was understanding what skills and traits make a good leader and then recognizing them.
- Opened door to a broader range of proven candidates
- Intense, in-depth research to find the person with the specific mix of skills to succeed in this role
- One-to-one advocacy to ensure the right candidate accepted the offer
- High calibre candidate in place within 2 months
- Successful change program implemented